About the institution
More than 25 years of experience
The preparatory program of Corvinus University was established in 1991 and it is organized by PIFIS (Preparatory Institution for International Students). Since the establishment more than 1000 foreigner students have participated in our program .
Nowadays more than 100 students apply to our programs and around 80% of them continue their studies at one of the offered university programs.
The courses are taught by experienced math and English teachers, some of them have been teaching here since the program started and our math teachers are also professors at Corvinus University.
Our goal is to help foreigner students to gain the English and mathematics skills that are needed in order to get into a Hungarian universities.
Entrance requirements to the preparatory program
To register you need to have finished or about to finish secondary school in the given academic year and need to meet the following requirements:
English: at least A2 level - Pre-intermediate (Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.)
Mathematics: Secondary/Grammar School (also called High School in US) finished with good results (minimum 70%)
When applying to our program you will also need to provide the following documents:
+ Copy of valid passport
+ Secondary school-leaving certificate (with official, notarized translation into English or Hungarian if it is in any other language) or a certificate about the expected finish date of your studies from an accredited school.
+ Transcript of secondary school grades (with official, notarized translation into English or Hungarian if it is in any other language)
Entrance requirements to Corvinus University
The structure of the preparatory program was designed to motivate students to attend classes regularly and study every day. Students who do this will easily meet the following general requirements to get direct admission to Corvinus University after the preparatory year:
- Students must not miss more than 25% of the lessons
- Students must get a good average on their weekly tests (min. 70% on English tests, min. 60% on math tests)
- Students must get a good average on their homework (min. 70% on English homework, min. 60% on math homework)
- Students must pass the final TOEFL English exam with at least 500 points for BA in Applied Economics, and min. 550 points for the other BA programs
- Students must pass the the Math midterm exams with an average score higher than 50% (calculated from the 4 best tests out of 5)
- Students must pass final Math exam with minimum 50%
The program consists of two parts:
1) Intensive English course in the 1st semester (20 classes/week) between October and January.
2) English and Mathematics classes running parallel in the 2nd semester (12 math and 12 English classes/week) between January and June.
You can find our detailed academic schedule in our documents section.
Application and fees
Below is a list of accommodation providers that we are cooperating with. In case you choose any of them, please let us know, also feel free to ask for our help if needed.